17.1.11


Collection 100,
PEN CHART,

Starting to document my findings visually. After asking 100 people wether they prefer biros or fineliners. the results were pretty much 60/40. I wanted to create a pie chart style graphic using the outline of each pen...


I wanted to have all the pens set to a fixed point and rotate them accordingly around. This proved to be harder that I thought, trying to place each one each time over the point where I thought I wanted the pens to stem from. This method was just about feasible for the fine line pen as it had a definite point, the biro's ball point tip was almost impossible to set manually.


I thankfully found a perfectly precise method that worked ten fold quicker;

After selecting the 'Rotate' tool and applying it to the tip of the pen it was simply a case of copying the selection (cmd+c) and pasting in front (cmd+f) the same selection, rotating the second one a certain distance and repeating the first two steps adding cmd+d which duplicates the transformation (rotating the next pen the exact same distance).








No comments:

Post a Comment